PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2016, 20:21
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could not possibly disagree more with flying lawyer...we are privileged to live a free society with free speech and the internet has extended that. To what degree that is moderated is a matter personal judgement, forum moderation and the laws of defamation, which apply here.

The point about jurors is specious in the extreme. Jurors are now routinely warned about looking stuff up on the internet (done jury duty recently, it is part of the pre-briefing procedure) and accounts of where jurors have erred are already widely known.

Jurors jailed for contempt of court over internet use - BBC News

If jurors have pre-knowledge of a case they are required to declare it before the trial starts and they are excused. If they research anywhere after the trial starts they have committed a criminal offence.

Finally, the discussion of accidents wherever, whenever, is primarily for education of the aviation community, to promote flight safety and to save lives. And I'm afraid in most cases in my book that is way more important that the hugely unlikely prospect of somehow adversley effecting someone's "rights".