PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations to HRH The Duke of Cambridge
Old 4th Feb 2016, 15:28
Tankertrashnav

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
I once met a woman whose husband was something like 76th in line to the throne. She told me that they used to invent totally far-fetched scenarios where the other 75 either all popped off or were disposed of, something like a very extended version of Kind Hearts and Coronets. She was in fact a very nice lady and a good laugh, and I got the impression they were quite content with their comfortable lifestyle without all the attendant nausea that being near the top of the list entails.

HH I'd rather put up with the Hanovers (or the Saxe Coburg Gothas or the Windsors) than the Clintons, Bushes, Sarkozys, Hollandes, etc. I'm pretty sure the Australians will call time on the whole shooting match, and good luck to them, but there isn't a hope in hell that we will, which must be a constant source of annoyance to British republicans.

Re the name, I understand that monarchs do not have to chose from any of their given names when choosing a regnal name, so he could reign as King Marmaduke if he felt like it, but I reckon he'll go for George as well