PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2016, 13:44
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually Cuthere is just trying to use a forceful opinion with scathing assessment for effect.

I found his/her last post a bit confusing. He defends the 'private enterprise' right for BHD/BFS to exist regardless of economic viability. Then (s)he says that DUB is destined to always be dominant and neither Northern Airport should expect to compete. So what happened to private enterprise's right to attempt growth and competition?

Just because you may think that there is no scope for competition doesn't mean that is neccessarily the case. Also, private enterprise has no right to exist if it is not economically viable. The state in which the enterprise operates does have right to set the guidelines for the enterprise so that the needs of the state are best served. I would suggest that this is where we fall down because the folks on the hill are useless at best and biased toward a failing enterprise at worst.

Call it a toilet all you want but BFS still represents the best solution for maximising N.I. potential for aviation and I suggest it has become run down because hard decisions weren't made when they needed to be.