PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bombardier offers majority stake in C Series to Airbus
Old 3rd Feb 2016, 21:23
peekay4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny Willie.

I recognize that same sentiment when some years ago a colleague of mine -- noting the rapid growth of the Internet -- proclaimed that "the telecom industry is changing dramatically. Which is why that future industry will include Nortel". After all, Nortel had "game changing" optical gear.

Nortel of course went bust within a year.

Yes, the aviation business is changing, as it always has. No, that does NOT mean the CSeries must be part of it!

In fact, unless there is a drastic change in business model, the mid-market for the next 15 years may be well served by E2, Neo, and MAX variants. If so, the CSeries will be a niche player at best.

Bombardier is still hoping to sell 3,500 CS100 and CS300s over the next 25 years. Possible? Sure, anything is possible. Really, I am not discounting this possibility.

But what's certain is that today, every aspect of Bombardier's aerospace business is under severe pressure. Other than the CSeries, the CRJ, Learjet, and Q400 programs are not exactly in great shape either. The upcoming reverse-split will keep them from getting delisted (in the short term) but their fundamentals are looking quite bleak at the moment. They are fighting for survival and may not emerge intact.