PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2016, 18:55
Turbine D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ken,
Oh my. You actually missed the sarcasm in my post?

For the record, contrary to the opinions of the nabobs,
I didn't miss anything. There is an old saying "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time." The classical use of the word nabob has nothing to do with the way you use it here. It has everything to do with the American metaphoric use of the word. The first instance of usage was by an American country comedian, Minnie Pearl in her comedy role on The Grand Ole Opry. She had a character by the name of Uncle Nabob. But more importantly, the word was used by Spiro Agnew, VPOTUS, Richard Nixon's attack dog. Agnew used "nabob" to debase the press and people that disagreed with the Nixon handling of the Vietnam War. It meant, stupid, clueless, air brained, etc., So I don't think your advertised suggestive, kinder approach in countering people that disagree with you on this forum is accurate. Nabob is just stealth word, the attack upon those who disagree with you continues...

The Israelis want the F-35 for the latest technologies contained inside it for which they will thoroughly investigate, improve and use as they see fit.