PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2016, 17:27
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-BUD
This is certainly progress, yet outside of United's Newark service, it is hard to see where the demand will come from for this lounge to make it sustainable. In the days of Aer Lingus at the airport I had been into the old lounge on a few occasions and I was the only person in there at that time. So something has to be coming to justify the investment. Ryanair cannot be the reason for it, and when I read comments about BFS working on a project, I cannot help but think that we will see Norwegian coming in with a transatlantic route, and like the Cork proposal a Barcelona route to boot. Worth considering. In terms of the Lounge that alone seems small in terms of numbers.

Alternatively, the only other thing could be BFS trying to tick the boxes in order to make a BA return achievable.

Any other ideas?
Hopefully you are right and there is something additional in the pipeline but you are estimating low for lounge usage. As with the general boost in passenger numbers, the lounge has been improving over the last while. There will always be quiet times in the lounge outside peak business periods....