PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2016, 07:11
Above The Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtney Mil
Are you trying to use the height of the speaker as a means of judging the height of the aircraft? Without knowing the height of the camera, the height of the speaker and the relative distances between aircraft, speaker and camera, that it meaningless and, frankly, somewhat typical of trying to use YuoTube video to make out that something is way more dramatic than it really is.
No I am not trying to use the speaker pole to estimate the height, earlier posters were commenting on a previous video that didn't offer a background reference other than an individuals head that popped in to view. The later video from youtube I posted showed a different angle and offered some ground features including the pier that was over flown. (neither video was taken by myself)

And as you have mentioned witnesses; the roll was flown North to South parallel to the crowd line, it was royally f***ed up while passing the inverted position. The recovery took place to the East as a result of continuing the roll which was now directed towards and crowd line, it may also have passed over the crowd during an almost 180 degree climbing turn opposite to the original axis of the roll entry.

As this airshow takes place over the beach many viewers sit in the sand dunes to the South away from the main crowds giving a better view. With this particular incident the person who watched it unfold was sat along the North South axis of the manoeuvre giving a very clear view of the height assisted by objects, people, etc in the back ground, you can be assured it was close to impact with the beach.

Had it hit the beach the impact point would have been very close if not in to the spectators.