PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airborne Nuclear Weapons incidents
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2016, 23:43
MAINJAFAD

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
MAINJAFAD, enjoyed that, particularly the guy who ventures out of the bunker to change the Ground Zero Indicator... casually glancing over his shoulder at a mushroom cloud.

Thanks, I came across the video after somebody put some screen shots of the Bloodhound and the firing button for it being pressed onto the Facebook page for a former station of mine. After informing the individual that the missile was the Mk 1 which wasn't based at the station but was footage I'd never seen before, namely colour footage of the operators console and of an operational Mk 1 on the launcher, he sent me the link. I would love to find what film that Bloodhound footage was taken from as I've never seen a film that covers the operational Mk 1 system' which was very before my time (There were films made about the Mk 2 which was what I spent the first four years of my operational RAF career working on). Loved the short bit of footage of the Radar Type 80 at the MRS as well, the last equipment I did in Trade Training at No 1 Radio School, which if I ever wrote a chapter of my life about would be titled 'I learnt about Valve Biasing from that'. One of the things that students at Locking got pinged for was to provide manpower for NARO in the shape of bodies for the outer cordon if there was any incident on our patch and we did get some training for it, but we were never called out while I was there.