PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2016, 16:09
NorthEasterner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northeasterner,

Good suggestion re Ryanair doing STN, though EasyJet did the route for a long time after inheriting it from GO. Given so many have tried it I'd be surprised and moreover Ryanair had other of domestic routes ex STN that got caned including Blackpool and Newquay.. I'd suggest unlikely.

Welcome to pprune...

EI-BUD
Yes it seems that FLYBE seem to drop the routes after taking all the discount. FLYBE ops quite not steady and often change all the time. At the moment the flight is being picked up by LoganAir sold via FLYBE and operated by BMI Regional.

Why are the times not convenient from AGP/ALC?
Leaving at 6AM-7AM in the mornings. Which isn't ideal if you're on holiday.

Two things - first, with Ryanair PAX they buy primarily on price, timing is secondary.

Second, if FlyBe can't make a DH4 pay on NCL/STN I'm at a loss to see how FR could with an aircraft more than twice the capacity - and that's before you even take into account the domestic APD which makes all but the principal truck routes less viable.

Surely, unless you want to travel to Essex (does anyone want to travel to Essex?) getting to London is best done by rail from Newcastle?
I can see from that point of view, but the prices FLYBE are charging £50+ (1 way) could potentially be beaten by Ryanair's low prices.

Shame no Milan to Newcastle.
Hopefully if Newcastle gets more flights this coming winter it gets announce then.

Ryanair needs to offer more flights from Newcastle and build up some trust from the local people.
Milan would be a good destination, EasyJet don't serve the route nor do Jet2. Only possible via LHR.

NE