PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Goes Non-Stop Dubai-Auckland from March
Old 2nd Feb 2016, 16:01
B-HKD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by notapilot15
I am not sayin AI is a shining star, but at least it is not a sixth freedom carrier stealing others passengers. AI is in current state because of capacity dumping by ME3.
Ah of course! Lets just ignore the elephant in the room. Years and years of mismanagement.

Are you complaining for AI 77Ls not being cattle carriers like others? I wouldn't change their 77L Y seat.
Complaining? I am telling you why the airline has no clue what they are doing plain and simple. AI can only make money filling its aircraft up with low yielding pax in cattle class. Operating a -200LR in 3 classes in the lowest density in the industry is a reflection of their poor decision making and hence endless loss making. DEL-SFO-DEL is no doubt also a loss maker and will continue to be.

AI not maintaining their planes is a EK paid PR stunt.

Guess what, EY bought 5 x AI 77Ls and Saudi bought 2 x AI 17 year old A332s, while EK A332s are going to scrap yard.

Why aren't your own neighbors not buying WELL maintained EK planes???
The two A332s you mentioned were both leased aircraft. MSN353 and MSN362.

Neither were delivered new to AI. The former was operated by 13 operators the latter by 8.

Neither of them are owned by Saudia. In fact, they both went into storage for 6 months before being picked up by Turkish operator Onur Air. Who is operating them on a WET LEASE on behalf of Saudia. So please do yourself a favor and stop spreading bull****.

In addition, of the 14 former EK A332's, at least 5 have found new operators. EK could care less if most of these find a new home as they were mostly leased. They got their money's worth out of every single one of these frames as for years they represented the backbone of the fleet. As they spent a considerable amount of time in their last few years of service doing regional flying, they are mostly very high on cycles and thus more attractive second hand options exist in the market. When a lessee returns a aircraft to the lessor, it has to be returned in a contractually pre-determined condition/state. No issues here for EK.

This is how Air India maintains its aircraft by the way....

VT-ALH sat like this for 4 years at BOM, while being cannibalized for spare parts to support the rest of the AI B77L fleet. Improperly stored in hot/humid/polluted air for years and years aka CORROSION

On and when you do choose to fly AI's B777s in First Class, this is the seat that awaits you.

The stain is a nice touch of India