PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not a bad time to start training?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2016, 13:30
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheba29 - agreed. Also remember to be smart and never depend on others whether that be your parents, EU, ISIS () whoever. Lookout for yourselfand make your own and play it safe (get a degree in something practical). I know a couple of friends that did an "Aviation Management Degree" came out with that and their CPL's but couldn't find work because of 9/11. They had to work crappy jobs for at least 4 years before they went back to flying, and they had a ton of debt to pay off with interest.

You cannot predict the future, but you can prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Also many aspiring pilots i talk to think they gotta pay the full amount of training in one shot or in a specific time. You could complete your licenses in a year or so, or over 40 years, its up to you and your financial situation. Obviously 40 years is exaggerating, but i was told by my CFI to match my ground school (which is fairly cheap) with my flying otherwise you could end up flying way more hours for one license because your FI thinks you need refresher hours. So i only started when i had the $$$ o keep both ground and flying consistent.

I am sure airlines will continue to hire well qualified and experienced pilots, it may be easier than before, but the minimums will never change, or at least i hope not.