PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 2nd Feb 2016, 09:09
dario.monai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first email after application

hi everybody! this is my first post here and I am sorry to bring up again this question but really I can't sleep at night because of it .

I applied 19/10/2015 for Ryanair in CAE webpage, section Ryanair, and I was assigned the application number 2590.

Reading this thread seems to be no correlation between this number, the date of your application and the time they will, if ever, contact you. However I cannot believe that the HR department of such a big airline is calling applicants randomly (they could as well just call us by date of application, but this is not the case since reading earlier posts people who applied later than me has already been invited for the interview).

So I kept thinking that they assign the application number following a weighted criterion based on your age, the number of flight hours and the type ratings already held (as index of professional experience that one could already have built since it is usually obtained for professional purposes only), being these the only relevant infos they are interested in at this stage.

This, according to my thinking, would be a way to follow a statistical model they built over the years observing the passing rates of their assessments (and/or time to finish their type rating course) by people from different backgrounds, prioritising those profiles that guarantee a higher passing rate.

I will try to make this reasoning clearer with an example:

- a pilot not older than 25 and with low hours (200hrs) and no TR would be put at the top of the list (identified statistically as high "efficiency" profile)

- a pilot older than 25 but with higher flight experience (500-1000hrs, e.g. Flight Instructor, etc.) and maybe also a TR still would be put in a medium-high ranking (identified statistically as high "efficiency" profile)

- a pilot older than 25 with low hours (200 hrs) and no type rating would be pushed at the bottom of this ranking by those two categories of pilots described above (identified statistically as low "efficiency" profile)

Of course once they call you and see your CV they could refine their research in a similar manner looking at your educational and professional background (University degrees, previous professional flight experience) and for these reason some people may have been contacted for CV quite quickly but than never contacted again.

Now, does anybody have any evidence to disproof my theory? If so, am I right saying that the only thing that one can do is to regularly check into my account to let them know that I am still interested in a job opportunity with them and update my info?

I really hope that I am wrong cause it would be quite frustrating to not be given not even the chance to show them my CV!!

Thanks to anybody will respond to this.