PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Sir Angus Houston AsA Requirement Will Reduce Safety
Old 2nd Feb 2016, 03:50
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick;
The whole ADSB matter is a fraud. It was perpetuated by the then AOPA Board acting outside of the members interests by agreeing to the free fitment to every aircraft of a compliant system. (I believe the latest Board isn't so enthusiastic). I recall having a long private discussion with the chief AsA snake oil salesman at Murray Bridge after leaving a heated AGM. It was expressly affirmed the above was the pre requisite for the concept. Following this a presentation to the AOPA AGM at the Bankstown Trotting Club again confirmed nothing had changed. That evening I shared a Taxi with the same proponent going to a Motel at Bass Hill with others and again the confirmation was expressed. There were heated discussions here on PPRune and I and others agreed the world was filled with delusional people believing this would amount to anything. It has amounted to exactly that with bells attached and the original lie seen for what it was.

You are correct. This is a regressive safety step and will cost lives.

Houston is typical RAAF. Someone so immune from reality as to believe his own mantra that would rid the skies of "small" aeroplanes which are bothersome to the Airlines and The Military. Another political appointment with a dubious ability to grasp anything except his masters bidding and someone living in an interplanetary void where no oxygen exists to stimulate brain function.

Probably a nice bloke at kids party's though.