PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Demonstrated X wind a pointless figure ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2016, 01:27
jjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demonstrated X wind a pointless figure ?

Post 1- OP?

Is there any practical value to a demonstrated X wind figure or is it only of value to novice pilots ?
Lots of good (and terrible) debate?/responses elicited IMO.

I'm no linguist or philosopher or gynaecologist.... but I'll have a go!
(Yes, it's THAT late ,Blue Nun late, and surely shaggy must be asleep by now!)

The two parts of the question are not mutually exclusive i.e. there is no need for the 'or'. The answer, arguably, is 'yes' to both parts by definition.

Why? Well, it tells you that it (demonstrated X wind figure) has been successfully and 'comfortably'* carried out before at that level- that's practical; fact not degree.
In this narrow definition, then, any pilot who has not exceeded it must be a novice; fact not degree.

Tin hat on.

I'm not sure whether English is Chickenhouse's first language.
English comprehension certainly isn't.
English is a language, first or otherwise. English comprehension (certainly) isn't!

for all CH's faults, and I have derided him previously for his inability to make his point in 'proper' English and other things, in this case I do think he has made a point and proved it- however cack-handedly and his 'throwing toys out the pram' and other similar responses are unwarranted as I think he genuinely is trying to help.

Genghis is definitely not an 'idiot' and I think CH just lacks the vocabulary to put his point across. I also don't feel CH is deliberately playing stupid games.

Chickenhouse, don't leave, make your point clearer!

However, good question.

Anyway , if the POH told you everything, why would you need an instructor?