PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency landing
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2016, 23:48
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sid ..... This is pointless as you take no notice of what I am saying !! Re read my post and think . I stand by what I say . Flying low level on well known home turf is not " dangerous " . It is totally different to the incident flying en route over the sea ....which IS dangerous !!!! Also your Mil low level is enroute probably over unknown terrain ....wazzing along at 25ft WOULD be dangerous !!! I ask again are you aware of any accident ever happening from engine failure flying low level on home turf over safe flat terrain that you know well ?? I seem to recall loads of quick stops done at 20-30ft with instructors at airfields presumably you have never done that either ??
Bored now , over and out !!

TC . I'm happy with the banter but play nicely !! We are ,after all, all on the same side when it comes to the safety of our fellow pilots . If we really wanted to make a difference we should force the CAA to review their stance on such things as en route ifr without full ifr rating , such as fixed wing IMC . Mandatory instrument training in actual IMC , even if just for 1 hr to experience first hand disorientation . Synthetic vision , affordable autopilots etc etc etc But nothing has been done to address this over the last 30 years !!!

Last edited by nigelh; 2nd Feb 2016 at 00:10.