PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill PPR
Thread: Biggin Hill PPR
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2016, 21:49
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'oh, I think I'll pop across to Biggin on the Bump for a cuppa'
Haha - is that because one can't really buy a good cuppa at Biggin? I mean there is a school type "tuck-shop" in the main terminal. I hear in the olden days people would fly in, and head straight for Alouette or Surrey & Kent flying clubs for a cuppa. This is no longer the case.... Even when I did my night rating at Southend (whilst based at Biggin), I wanted to do a touch and go just to see how badly lit the place was at night, and they made me go to the main terminal, pay the landing fee, and then head back out (I did ask if they wanted me to pay the landing fee over the phone / put it on account).

Although I would disagree that "it's always been a busy place needing some planning and forethought" but then again that is where I learnt so perhaps I am a little bias!

With regards to flight-plans & PPR - I have always considered both to be completely different from one another. Some places work with one or both, some don't. Biggin says that it does not require PPR if a flight plan has been filed then it doesn't! But other places will...(and do) Doesn't it sound silly though, to file a flight plan without the knowledge that you are allowed to land there?