PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not a bad time to start training?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2016, 13:31
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vikdream - exactly, many people assume it'll be easy going after training but as you pointed out you never know. Best case is to get a degree, save $$$ and train part time while working full time - until a full time opportunity in flying comes around.

I just don't get how people can put their houses up as collateral for this ridiculously high priced 0-ATPL programs. Do it the safe way people! For half the cost and maybe a couple years of extra flying, you'll have no debt whenever you finish and you will have exactly the same accreditation (by doing it at your own pace). If you're rich sure no problem go to CTC.

I work full time (office job) and fly part time about 3-6 hrs per week, all ground school is done in the evening, i got nothing to worry about, stay away from banks and interest!

Just wanted to share:

Forbes Welcome

This trend will continue for the next years, more and more airlines are doubling up their fleets. The 1500 hr minimum cannot be decreased, the only thing left is that the airlines train their own cadets, get your licenses ready, and hope for the best!

#IranAir