PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial Pilots who don't know about piston engines
Old 1st Feb 2016, 11:01
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's because it's the quickest practical way to achieve the scientifically-proven desired setting for a conforming engine, cleared.

PS: The single most important reason for my decision to attend an APS course was the opportunity to meet and draw on the wisdom of a person who's forgotten more about piston aero engine operation than anyone has ever learned in the third world of GA that is Australia - Mr John Deakin. You can't do that by reading on-line materials.
Well I have just narrowed you down to a list long list…………

clearedtorenter;
Very funny, I admire a good sense of humour. Pity you fail to understand how to apply science in the cockpit.

But with posts like this;
My POH says 'For best economy, operate at peak TIT' (about 9 times actually)
Then it says 'Recommended lean 50F Rich of Peak TIT and 'for best power 125F Rich of Peak TIT'

Anything wrong with my POH?
And along with comments by eddie dean……you start to make very big statements about your lack of understanding of science and POH's and what they really mean, and where/when they are wrong. They can be wrong you know, don't you?

I wonder how many of you have met the guys who have written some doozy POH statements, who have bravely stood up and said "I wrote that and now I am regretting doing so". That is a humbling experience.

Keeping ones head in the sand is a safe and comfortable place to be. Except your ass is rather exposed.

Now let me post this graph for the XXth time and please tell me where best economy is with reference to peak TIT. Is it really 50ROP TIT? Now tell not me, but your prune pears, that your POH is correct. It either is or it is not.

Better still, pick up the phone and lets chat about it, I give you a money back guarantee to help you learn. Plenty posting here who know what I am offering, some I am not even sure who they are. Up to you, if you are prepared to put your money where your mouth is. I am and we do.

Cheers