PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2016, 10:26
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
December stats

LandingConfig

The Emirates figure is based on the actual aircraft operating. The EK source lists the config of virtually every aircraft so my figure for EK should be fairly accurate. BHX as far as I know has never been all three class.

EK37 was a three class 77W for a period but first class was never sold. EK41/2 was three class from 1/8/2015 - 31/12/2015 but as ever with EK's flexibility during school holiday periods a two class would operate.

Conversely now the schools are back the all two class service does not happen every day with EK41 this morning three class but again first class is probably not sold. EK39 has also been a three class version at least once this month. EK37/8 is very rarely three class even during the low season of May and June.

CabinCrewe

Turkish - No! American - yes.

If Turkish were worried by load factor BHX and EDI would have stopped years ago and BHX will be seeing further increases with double daily by June. Although not as spectacular as the Manchester Turkish it has its moments and the only concern is from March when QR arrive and the EK A380. However Turkish tend to react with their pricing but the way they operate there is little chance of knowing how it is doing. In isolation on a four hour sector it doesn't look good nut it is all about feeding the hub.

With the American I can't really say to much to defend it. The seat-map speaks volumes, the fares are shown on the website and all I can say is, fuel is cheap!

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 1st Feb 2016 at 10:30. Reason: added text