PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simulator quality
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2016, 06:31
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple Faults in Simulator...

@Tubby
Any reasonable person may assume that when the device was purchased and installed - it functioned properly. After some general warranty period, Mx becomes the owner/operator's responsibility. Since very few have the in-house ability to maintain the machines, the operators are more-or-less forced to purchase Mx services from the manufacturer, over a very expensive undertaking.
If the simulator is in the horrible condition that you suggest, I'd suspect that the operator is cutting a few too many corners, does not budget properly and/or is attempting to extract a bit too much profit from its operations. While corporate headquarters location means very little, the physical location of the simulator means everything.
If you sincerely feel that the simulator's multiple defects are having a negative affect on the quality of the training provided, honestly good sir, I think you should call or write to the regulating authority in the country where the equipment is physically located, (your question suggests the UK). If the defects are as severe as you suggest, said authority can and will shut them down until the necessary repairs are made. Personally, I would do it in a flash!

Last edited by No Fly Zone; 1st Feb 2016 at 06:33. Reason: Added one Additional Thought