PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ATP Command Type Rated First Officer logging PIC Time. Yes or No?
Old 31st Jan 2016, 16:58
MarkerInbound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bafanguy,

As pointed out above there is a total disconnect under FAA rules between your position on the flight under FAR 1 and what you can log under FAR 61.51. My current job even has a policy when the Captain of the flight is on a break one of the other pilots is supposed to note on the paperwork they were PIC. Really? Then why don't you pay me PIC rate for that time. If things start coming seriously unglued you better believe I'll ring him up and say, "You probably ought to come up here." It's his signature on the paperwork, my job is to keep him out of trouble.

But I digress. The other F/O on the trip I flew yesterday was saying he has applied to FedEx but they want 1000 hour turbojet PIC. And FedEx specifically says they want FAR 1 you signed the logbook PIC time. Not 61.51 PIC time. He only has about 900. If you've reached the peak of your aviation career you can put whatever you want in your logbook. Or not even keep a logbook. But if you think you might have to complete an interview process somewhere down the line in your aviation career it's probably best to go the conservative route and keep the FAR 1 and FAR 61.51 PIC time separate.