PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Effect of leaving the EU on GA
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2016, 10:23
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem would be that the EASA regs are written for EU member states and while many could be incorporated by an independent UK not all would stand up to legal scrutiny without the UK rewriting and in effect creating their own bespoke EASA regs

Are they likely to do that IMO if we vote out YES

The other option would be to go back to the old CAA regs but the UK would want to be as harmonised as possible with its neighbouring airspace.

Nevertheless the UK could be selective on which parts to incorporate and which to reject

The 3rd country elements would be interesting as for that to apply the UK would have to bespoke that to the UK whether they would be motivated to do so is another matter
So I could see it as part EASA part CAA which would be good as there could still be room for influence against the least desirable parts of EASA regs

I would go with what Mike Hallam states.

I see EASA as a huge missed opportunity in harmonising world aviation. They should have taken the tried and tested FAA system and modified it to suit European needs but instead decided to re write the whole book at huge needless cost to the European tax payer and probably more to secure EASAs employees benefits and to pander to powerful pressure groups than to further the health and expansion of aviation in Europe and world wide

DC appears to be achieving nothing of his key demands and i fear that a vote for Europe will also be a vote to hand complete control of our country to Europe
Those who state that it will cost us to leave the EU don't look at WHAT IT WILL cost us in huge immigration and taxation when we have no say over our own borders, finances and laws
The UK only ever voted for a common market place. This vote will be far more serious as an in vote will be a vote to hand powers and eventually government and control to Brussels

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 31st Jan 2016 at 12:09.