PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane down off Pt Lonsdale
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2016, 02:41
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Amazing, here's me thinking any pilot would want all available facts before judging one of their fellow pilots on circumstantial evidence..

What have i learnt from this thread..... bugger all, except apparently three pilots are now to blame because three pilots in an aircraft make it more dangerous. Next time I'm paxing on the Qantas cattle truck and in business sitting next to Qantas Capt. XYZ, I think I'll start to panic..

Here's some possibilities an accident investigator might find...

- Due to the aircraft flying in cold rain all vents were closed and heater on. Due to cracked exorst aircraft occupants gassed. (All my aircraft have the exorst heaters disconected after this happened to me.)

- Pilot in command had health issues and right hand seat occupied by the non-pilot and the aircraft being at low level did not give sufficiant time to...

- Accidental Drone strike. As we all know, its due, and many of the beachs around our citys are drone central now...

- Bird strike.

- In flight cockpit smoke. (I've had two occurances now- great for vis)

- New electronic avionics recently fitted.
Possibility #1: Pilot competent at the panel though rain water seeping in shorted out avionics...... ('steam gauges' can handle a bit of water. And I know this because...)
#2: Pilot competent at the old six pack suddenly finds the whole new set-up and lay-out of the new wiz bang panel disorientating and looks for answers in the wrong part of panel... (I survived my experience)

-And I'm sure there's more possibilities...

Before I pass judgment on a fellow aviator, or three, I want to see the accident investigators report. Anything else is just muppets flapping the wool..