PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane down off Pt Lonsdale
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2016, 22:16
P51D

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
This type accident involving weather (apparently) keeps happening with tragic outcomes. I live on the other side of the country but rather than speculate on what happened I'll reserve my view until the investigation is complete. What offends me is the language of Homesick Angel and I can fully understand Squawks reaction to this highly experienced individual. I'm a PPL, learnt to fly in PNG in 1973, am still flying, own an aircraft and have the attitude that I'm always still learning. HA's talk down attitude to PPL's had me shaking my head - wow, 10 years experience!!! Boy oh boy, let's all seek you out as the guru of all things aviation. Multiple thousands of hours pilots, who were the big boys, have also lost their lives in ga aircraft. None of us are immune, and HA that's coming from a 42 year active private pilot who doesn't fly every week but considers himself safe when he does so. It's very sad that these threads drift into ego's on display, and in HA's case "there but for the grace of God". I feel very sorry for the family's and friends of those on board.