PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why not stabalise engines with brakes on?
Old 30th May 2001, 19:10
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there Bellerophon,

Had a wry smile on my face as I was typing that little bit of my missive out. I kept quiet regarding your normal steed as you were performing a gentle windup elsewhere on the site regarding it - too much of a giveaway!

I steered clear of the PDA/Palmtop business at your company as I've had no recent briefing on the state of play other than the weight and balance mode. That said, the most important point I'd like to make regarding these devices is the total sea change at the UK CAA.

Six or seven months ago it became clear that an entirely new policy and attitude had come into being and was actively being communicated as far as new technology in all flight decks was concerned. Not only determined to avoid being left behind they're very actively encouraging experimentation and adoption of new and supplementary equipment on the flight deck.

bizjet pilot - not my place to speak for anyone else writing on this thread. My reasons for entering the discussing reflect my concern over the accelerate-stop case and what I perceive as flawed fundametals in the figures. Bear in mind though the differing perspectives brought to this thread - pilots seeing things differently to perf. engineers or mindsets attuned to FAA balanced field versus those of us operating with other national authorities' favoured methods.

------------------
Regards from the Towers
[email protected]