PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Safety Culture Survey
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2016, 20:58
silvertate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is run by an independent body (The London School of Economics) so it has no ulterior agenda.
Yeah, but I contacted them last year about safety, and they refused to speak to me. They even returned my email (as if it was paper letter). Like most academic establishments, they are not interested in doing proper research, they are just interested in their promotion, stipends and making sure they get four months off a year. Tick a few boxes, write a nebulous report, and kerrrchingg at the bank.

Anyone else notice that this questionnaire was not designed by pilots or engineers? If you are not asking the right questions, the survey is worse than useless. And this one was pretty useless as useless go - ambiguous questions that will result in misleading answers, and therefore result in the wrong policy proposals being made.

I had a friend once who did an investigation into Metro usage at major cities. And after six months of intensive 'research' she concluded that more people used the Metro between 07:30 and 09:00 and again between 17:00 and 18:00. Kerrrchhingggg.

Don't expect anything from the imbeciles who inhabit academia.