PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial Pilots who don't know about piston engines
Old 29th Jan 2016, 20:44
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No doubt you have caught my attention.

LUMPS, are you the young fella who contacted me recently about LAME's and company folk not interested in fixing fuel flow on take off for a TC engine and with what by simple diagnosis of the EMS we think had advanced timing?

Or are you the guy who is an ex student from the Perth class? This sounds too much like their story but it is not hard to believe it is another example.

My personal opinion about owners and telling you how to do things, if you are suitably educated in the science of combustion, you should be able to convince the owner/operator that the practises need to change. And if they are really dangerous leave.

I think it is like a CP telling pilots to dive through holes on an RNAV…..(think Lockhart River type crash, not that the CP said it), just because they said to do it I doubt you would. Engine operation is similar.

Lead Ballon

Lumps……maybe you should suggest they book in for the Feb class in two weeks, only 3 spots left.