PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why not stabalise engines with brakes on?
Old 30th May 2001, 12:07
mutt

JT, thanks for the responses, very enlightening stuff.

(A) Aviation is a wonderful world of trade-offs, we didn’t account for line-up distances unless there is a known problem, but to balance this, we don’t use stopways to increase the takeoff weight. Getting a realistic line up distance when you operate 11 different jet aircraft types is pretty interesting, what works for some will not work for others.

(B) Contaminated runways, lets not go there. That needs a topic all to itself. I shouldn’t have used it as an example.

(D) Using optimized V-speeds not only increases your V2, they also increases your V1, therefore you are once again making the takeoff field length limited when it need not be.

(G)What’s the old saying "a little knowledge is dangerous"? I do not have the relevant line experience to consider my licence as a benefit. That’s why I have to come in here and rack the brains of those with the experience.

Your views on litigation are extremely interesting, and I hope that we can continue to discuss them at a later stage, but at this time I have to go. Vacation is calling.

Finally, what is everyone else doing? Give us your comments? Especially those of you who are using ACARS for takeoff performance or any cockpit laptop computer.

Mutts..

[This message has been edited by mutt (edited 30 May 2001).]

Further edited here at the Towers to get the image to work - thirsty job......

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 30 May 2001).]