PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recommend a Cheap EASA Flying School?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2016, 10:45
Springbok_Rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I'm South African btw (hence the name) - I wasn't prepared for the Scandinavian honey traps when I first visited Iceland in 2008 so my fiancee is Norwegian.

My local club got back to me and the price is around 1800kr per hour (more or less $206US). I got inspired when I saw their pricing on their website but see this morning it's dated back to 2008. The problem is they only have ground school from September to Feburary and I've missed the window. As they are quite small I don't think they make allowances. I've asked if I can complete the theory myself and sit my exam with them so we'll see.

However, Canadian prices look appealing. I'll do some research and see what I can find. We're living on a lake here in Norway so would love to get a plane with floats.

I just want to try get my ppl done as quickly as possible and that does mean searching for the most affordable option. Next year a friend and I want to do a cross country trip of the USA (he has his ppl already) so would like to have the ppl + some experience before then. I've told him to get his instructor rating and teach me for free but he's obviously selfish.

Thanks,
Antony