PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2016, 17:35
LlamaFarmer

Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Arclite01
Llama

I believe that technically you can't just turn up nowadays. Too much H&S for that to be possible.

FSC appointments have to be approved at Squadron and Wing level.

Otherwise every Tom, Dick and Harriet would be showing up and hanging out.............

It does appear that you have had a poor experience from your organisation at all levels though.

Arc
Well I did turn up just to say hi to everyone and was gonna go after the morning briefing before everyone headed out onto the airfield. But the DI told me to stick around and then come back the next week. So I did. and DCFI told me to keep coming, I guess they had decided I was to become an FSC... just not sure at what point they decided that and why they hadn't let me know before.

Right up until I left at 21/22 once I'd graduated uni and moved away for first job, there were always prodigal sons returning... former FSCs/CGIs who would rock up and spend the day in the caravan (at DI and/or GSDE's discretion) catching up with old friends. Even 8 years later I imagine bureaucracy has got so much that wouldn't be allowed.