PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you get out of G.A??
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2003, 10:30
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
outboundjetsetter

For a long time I had no intention of working for a major airline because I was really happy doing what I was doing in GA. I had done almost every job there was except fly turbo-props. I finally realized though that GA was not a long-term career for me if I wanted to raise a family. I spent 10 years in GA before even sending out my first resume.

I sent resumes to all the regional and majors that I could work for. I didn’t send one to Qantas, not because I didn’t want to work there, but because I didn’t have year 12 Physics. With most of them I updated my resume every month or so. I didn’t follow it religiously but I am a firm believer in the squeaky door gets the oil. It is a fine line though between being keen and being a pest. You will be the best judge of that. Some companies look at experience only and others also want to see how keen you are. You won’t get an interview if you don’t meet their minimum requirements. Before you are even asked for an interview try and find out as much of the interview process as you can. It is imperative that you are prepared. Most of all be patient and an interview will eventually come your way.

Good luck with your endeavors.

404 Titan