PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weather CAMS - CASA has no interest?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2016, 05:43
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if there had been AV CAMS at Lockhart River showing that the weather was clear to the east, whether we would have had that unnecessary accident.
Dick, its a shame to "cloud" I wonder if there had been AV CAMS at Lockhart River showing that the weather was clear to the east, whether we would have had that unnecessary accident. ardon the pun!) the argument for weather cams with a comment like that! If the crew had flown the Lockhart R approach as it is written, "we would (not) have had that unnecessary accident"!

I have benefited from the weather cams in Alaska. Was booked to fly to a remote fishing lodge a couple of years ago, however, a pre-flight look at the weather cam resulted in a cancelled flight. Next day, we sat on the ground until the weather looked OK, and then off we went for an uneventful flight to our destination.

In the part of the world where I fly, weather cams at Cunninghams Gap, the Brisbane light aircraft lane north, Thorntons Gap west of Townsville etc to name a few would be very useful for VFR pilots.