PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weather CAMS - CASA has no interest?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2016, 01:56
Acrosport II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a personal attack peterc005 ... However;

This attitude epitomises what is wrong with aviation in this country. Everyone is so busy trying to wipe their hands of any and every legal responsibility, we'll go to the lengths of not installing a great safety aid so no-one can get sued.

It's what is wrong with CASA - and it's what's wrong with Airservices.

When liability alone drives every decision, no-one has time to worry about safety.
Its not just a problem with CASA or Air Services, Its a problem with Australia.

Something we inherited from the US of A while trying so hard to be like them.

Only winners are the lawyers and judges, who end up multi millionaires at others expense. Everyone else just has to wear the huge cost to the country they have created.
Only solution would be some sort of legislation 'Controlling' it.

Case in point, My sons school asked for Parents to offer to set up their own little (Stall), a 3m x 3m Gazebo at the School Fete to raise money. If you did though, YOU (every stall individually) had to buy $3 Million worth of 'Public Liability' Insurance for the day.

Every time my Son has a sports day (or anything), they send a form I have to sign absolving them of any care or responsibility for my child and me agreeing to pay All costs should something happen. (Schools do not have insurance).

NZ probably has more reasonably sized Airshows each year than Aus, even though they are 1/6 of the population.

Whos the real leaders here!

Bloody Ridiculous.

Change the Law, Stop this rot.