PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 Inspection Help
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2016, 21:17
787-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite a lot still needs to be done. If they have not been fitted already it will require the new bladder tanks. Also the blades that have been changes are they -7s? If not they may need to be changed due to the blade AD.
Also the engine needs to come out so the frames can be removed and the skids which need to be sent away for crack detection. Also you will need a to cover everything mentioned in the following inspection http://www.robinsonheli.com/manuals/r44_mm/r44_mm_2.pdf

You would have to pay me money to list everything that is required.
We are talking about an inspection ? not the overhaul ?
So a lot of those aren't required.

Strip, inspect and fit. Certain items have a finite life such as the blades, but they have plenty of time left.

You of course need to weigh up the options - if you do this on the cheap the resale value will be far less than if you have it overhauled and bring everything back into sync. I personally wouldn't touch a hull with out of sync components unless it is ridiculously cheap, I would then bring everything back into sync and sell the parts I've replaced.
If you are planning on keeping this for 12yrs and whatever hrs are left, then perhaps it may work.