PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For those at Jerez
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2003, 08:00
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah the food was ace when I was there. I particularly enjoyed the way in which it persuaded me to embark on my regimented exercise routine each day. Yup, sure is amazing how much weight you can lose running to the Kermit everyday.

I also took great delight in plucking the various livestock from my salad on certain occasions. Real special treat that was, yes....... good job I was no longer a vegetarian at that point I guess.

One was lacking monotony in ones dietary habits before one was conscripted into Jerez. But one found it to be a rewarding experience and one which has taught one many positive things such as the ability to appreciate lifes small pleasures; for example a meat casserole that's been cooked through properly. Some of the smashing casseroles one enjoyed whilst detained at Jerez would have risen to their legs and walked out if a good vet had been present.

I also learned how to fully appreciate a HOT dinner as opposed to the regular luke warm efforts I was treated to out there.

Yes, a fine experience. Perhaps next time I'll enroll in the TA so I can experience such culinary delights whilst freezing my bollo's off in the field rather than sweating my backside off in Spain.

VFE.