PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it the end of a transparent safety culture in EU?
Old 27th Jan 2016, 12:03
SCP_sweng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it is!

[Edited for poor English]
The way it is looking so many people will be able to have access that the 'mischief makers' will have few problems in getting hold of whatever they want and then being able to add the cachet of it being from a 'secret report' (probably as accurate as any other reporting).

Meanwhile I would probably find myself unable to garner enough sympathy from my NAA to get access. I have no direct involvement in aircraft operations - I just write software that flies the things. But I find forums like this and reports from the likes of AAIB very informative and serve to remind everyone how easy it is for things to go wrong if they are not done properly.

It is also very informative to see how (on occasions) systematic errors, or cognitive errors, creep into system design. I feel it fills out my background knowledge and it helps me ensure lessons learned 'the hard way' are taken on board in my own field.

This proposal looks like ineffective bureaucratic nonsense! The only people it will affect are those who want to do things right but can't justify access to 'real life' information to a pen-pusher.

Last edited by SCP_sweng; 27th Jan 2016 at 12:52.