PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2016, 10:27
Byrne11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC Wings

Good Morning,

6 Months ago I sat the CTC selection day, same story as many failed in two aspects, and was told to reapply in 6 months which happens to fall this month or beginning of next. I failed in one PILAPT test infact it was right at the end I lost count of the numbers and the domino effect occurred, to prepare for my resit I bought the Skytest which was recommended to me by a current airline pilot I couldn't recommend it enough. It is CTC's actual exam, when you enter the daunting exam room you will be prepared I had previously used latestpilotjobs.com which is 'Ok' for want of a better word, I found some of their tests similar although didn't prepare you enough. I used this software for Oxford, and passed first time. In reflection Oxford wasn't for me, my personality and training offered is much better suited to CTC.
I used aptitudetests for the maths for CTC and it was fantastic I scored full marks in mathematics.

I failed in my interview mainly due to lack of competency interview experience it was the first time I had encountered such an interview. This is where I'm hoping someone could assist me, I'm hoping someone might have typical questions they ask the candidates. I remember a few but they may have changed 6 months on, anyone who has done a selection day recently. I've enrolled on an airline interview preparation course next month, any help is greatly appreciated. I've no intentions on failing this interview again.

I'm aware CTC/CAE/FTE are controversial subjects on this forum, for me I'm lucky enough to be able to finance it without having to worry about not having a life and fully healthy with my eyesight falling within the CAA restrictions for correction. Any help appreciated folks.