PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2016, 09:19
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Danny, so the moving images on the Egyptian frieze have to be investigated by the BBC Enquiries Department in order to explain them to a bemused BBC viewer? Cleverness it seems knows no bounds, and I add this incident to my ragbag of BBC anecdotes in order to counter any temptation I might possibly get to subsidise such cleverness by, as suggested by them, voluntarily forfeiting my soon to be granted status of free license holder.

Pulse 1, I join Danny in thanking you for your selfless task of bringing us Frank's story. The fickle finger of fate turned his world upside down when he took over an injured colleague's duties. He could so easily have succumbed to the dangers and privation that then became his lot, until he took the initiative and made his own fortune by getting across the Elbe and into friendly hands. It may all sound routine and unremarkable to him, but of course it is anything but, and well done for adding his story to the countless others of his peers in this, the best of all PPRuNe threads.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 27th Jan 2016 at 09:46. Reason: Spieling