PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iMac
Thread: iMac
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2016, 17:56
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to transition my email from a laptop with windows to the iMac. One of my requirements is to keep the previous email 'history' if you like from the laptop to the Mac. My hope was to copy over the existing Outlook folder structure and all the associated emails and then proceed from there as my starting point. I don't really want to start from ground zero on the iMac.

I thought this would be a lot easier if I installed Outlook on the new iMac?

BN - yes, it is currently 'POP' etc. I don't know if I even understand the term IMAP (but that is my own personal shortfall and I will have to delve). When you say ...

'you can all have all of the emails pushed to every device with no worries about downloading onto one device preventing it being available to other devices'...

.. what device or service is doing the pushing? As you can imagine my current set up simply routinely goes and sends/receives to my email server or service supplied by my website provider.

I appreciate this is not the ideal point to start from. I hope my questions are proving an agreeable challenge! I don't want to abuse anyone's goodwill and will cease asking if I asked.