PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek: how many hours will you fly in February ?
Old 26th Jan 2016, 17:36
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, not a 'Kool Aid' kinda guy whatsoever, just realistic to the industry as a whole and what's available. 42 hours in a 'busy' month is not the norm in this industry and you know it. Which is probably why you and other EK pilots are there and not here. However, I agree with you that the duty hours we work each month does not sit well with me, neither does it to the other 3950 EK pilots hence the thread I guess.

You had the decency to reveal your employer and the salary. Whilst it wouldn't work for me, it may well do for others. There are some contracts worth considering, despite the 20-30% pay cut that it may entail but money is no longer the main issue. I genuinely hope more people leave for a better lifestyle to Companies such as yours but it shouldn't have to come to that. With the current plan to double in size within 9 years from now, the only way forward for this Company is to stop burying it's head in the sand and, once and for all, accept it has a problem and do something about it.

It's pointless how many likes it gets on instagram or how many followers it has or how it's the most popular 'brand' in Dubai. Emirates is an airline. Its business is flying people from A to B and it needs sufficient and more importantly, motivated crew to do that. Not only pilots, but cabin crew and engineers too. Without highly qualified and well trained front line staff, it isn't going anywhere.

The backslapping and PR rhetoric from sycophants and senior management from within this Company is at times unbelievable. If some of these people spent as half as much time smelling the coffee as they do drinking it, we wouldn't be in this mess!

Harry

Last edited by harry the cod; 26th Jan 2016 at 17:51.