PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2016, 16:21
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few years ago, as a B767 Captain with Air Canada we were given a hold at the end of a Red Eye flight from Edmonton Alberta to Heathrow, we were given a rather odd place to kill time whilst some bod with an unsafe gear made up his mind where and when to put it down, {to the frustration of the Heathrow director I might add} From my left seat I gazed down at a familiar looking airfield below us, then the penny dropped, bloody hell, that's KENLEY! the place where it all started on a road which led me to the left seat flying this amazing aircraft! It all came back, the little silver gliders, the long days retrieving, launching, splicing cables, the friends, but most of all the instructors and staff to whom I owe so much! Now I read all this has been put in jeopardy by folks who don't seem to be able to organise a piss up in a beer store. Many times I have been asked "what would you be doing if you were not a pilot?" my answer was always the same, "I would be in jail". I"m sure I'm not the only wayward kid that owes so much to the Air Cadets, so for heavens sake folks, get your act together and get back in the air!