PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill PPR
Thread: Biggin Hill PPR
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2016, 11:40
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAP168 Licenced Aerodromes 3.1
An Ordinary licence relates only to use of the aerodrome by the holder of the licence and persons specifically authorised by him.
This relates to licensed aerodromes, how does that affect unlicensed aerodromes? Also, "specifically authorised by him" could just be an AIP saying "Everyone is welcome, we make good tea and coffee, come visit us!" rather than "PPR Mandatory".

I think perhaps what confuses me most is the tone taken to paying customers, if I were rich enough to buy / develop an airfield, I would want the most number of people to come and visit (not just for profit, but more importantly for enhancing the GA community). I would also try to make it as easy as possible for people to come and enjoy the day out! I could never dream of implementing PPR, as I know that this alone would deplete the number of flyers considering coming in to land! (aside from the extortionate landing fees in some places, in NZ they charged me around £3 per landing, in France normally charged around £5-10 per landing, UK normally around £25 - £35 [some nice places like IoW are around £15] - anyone know why we're so much more expensive?).