PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2016, 10:32
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by panpanpanpan
SecondDog, one can only assume you're an Aldergrove employee

"Your" airport, really? Is this simply turning into a "my airport is better than yours just because it is" style argument?

Assuming you work at Aldergrove I would make 2 points, be careful what you post on social media, it may well fall foul of your contract and secondly, take a valium or something and calm down!

I have stated before and will do so again before leaving this thread for a while until some semblance of sanity returns, not one single poster on here knows what is going on in airline boardrooms and if they did they certainly wouldn't be straight onto pprune to broadcast it! The majority of us, myself included, are aviation interested people that enjoy the goings on within our local airport scene. I personally find the business end quite fascinating, sad I know but so what! Unfortunately there are others who simply wish doom and disaster to fall on one airport or the other and that is just wrong, remember there are real people that rely on both airports to pay mortgages etc. If people are going to post crazy rants stating about backhanders, dirty dealings and other certifiable conspiracy theories then prove it, hearsay or crazy conjecture isn't good enough.
Where I work is noone's business on here according to forum rules.

Also I am not concerned about what I posted above as it is verifiable. That is the amount given to KLM by Tourism Ireland to 'bring inbound tourism to N.I. and at the time, the Chair of T.I. was.......

The word 'your' is simply the plural form used to refer to the people associated with the airport rather than identiying a particular person and is grammatically correct.

As for my views, well I am interested in N.I. being brought out of the dark ages of old boys networks and brown envelopes. In terms of aviation that means developing coherent strategy that recognises the need to focus at one airport for international travel. In my view, as I have stated before many times, City should be a business airport with a limited size aircraft etc. etc.

That is not a wish for anyone to lose jobs or anything like it, on the contrary, I suggest that if things were done differently the scope for employment would be better as we concentrated on trying to gain business from DUB rather than fight for each other's traffic.

All quite calmly thought and no different to my views posted here over time. So Valium not required so much as a greater interpretation of English language by readers. Spin is a naughty tool to use Pan, you could work in media the way you tried to inflame my post.

Regards,

Dog 2