PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2016, 08:41
panpanpanpan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SecondDog, one can only assume you're an Aldergrove employee
525k is a hell of a subsidy for starting up a route with a fairly low number of seats but it does perhaps get them over the hump of viability. Fairly useful then that your airport ceo was the dude handing out the subsidies then....... just sayin!
"Your" airport, really? Is this simply turning into a "my airport is better than yours just because it is" style argument?

Assuming you work at Aldergrove I would make 2 points, be careful what you post on social media, it may well fall foul of your contract and secondly, take a valium or something and calm down!

I have stated before and will do so again before leaving this thread for a while until some semblance of sanity returns, not one single poster on here knows what is going on in airline boardrooms and if they did they certainly wouldn't be straight onto pprune to broadcast it! The majority of us, myself included, are aviation interested people that enjoy the goings on within our local airport scene. I personally find the business end quite fascinating, sad I know but so what! Unfortunately there are others who simply wish doom and disaster to fall on one airport or the other and that is just wrong, remember there are real people that rely on both airports to pay mortgages etc. If people are going to post crazy rants stating about backhanders, dirty dealings and other certifiable conspiracy theories then prove it, hearsay or crazy conjecture isn't good enough.