PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2016, 01:13
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In terms of the Maths and English tests, I have been helping with recruitment for several years and I do not know of anybody who has not got into the company just because of these tests. They do have to be passed, but if everything else is good we will allow another attempt.
Absolutely. These tests are (arguably) important, but should not be the determining factor, with no second chance and no 'overview' of the candidate.

Over the years I can not think of a single case of anybody who has been declined just on the basis of the Maths/English tests, if all the pilot assessed elements have been passed.
Absolutely. Slight contradiction (?). It is the holistic approach that seems to work best - 'interview' day(s) - tests, interviews, team exercise, psychometric - all assessed overall.
Sim test - 'acid' test, can you fly and work as a team!!!

I hope Jet2 are not missing a trick here and failing perfectly good pilots who may just not have been up to speed in (uncontrolled) exam conditions?

A friend of mine had his wife's 'phone go off unexpectedly and despite the fact that she was at the other side of the house it was a distraction. Hard to guarantee a perfect performance in all cases (he 'failed' the tests by the way).

All the airlines I have worked for ensured exam-like conditions on their premises and to be honest the adrenaline building up in an exam room cannot be replicated in the comfort of ones home.

Easy to moan when you fail, but when it appears unnecessary it is all the more disappointing I'm sure.