PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Aviation - Any good??
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2016, 19:46
fwjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the classes are small. That's because the previous model of accepting candidates purely on their ability to pay has been stopped, and quality is preferred over quantity. Any company undergoing such major changes as associated with a buy-out can have growing pains, but all that I have seen as a consultant suggests that standards and attitudes under the new management have improved and continue to improve. I wouldn't expect a smooth journey for the new company, but neither would it be beneficial to tar it with the misdemeanours of the past and the previous management team. The parent company is firmly rooted in global academic excellence which, I am sure, will continue to drive the improvements.
Vitriol from former staff is not professional and reflects more on those individuals than it does on the Academy.
Looking at integrated schools only, I would be happy to recommend Airways. That doesn't mean there aren't other good integrated schools, but I would say that not all of the "big" one's is as good as they themselves think they are, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them takes a big tumble in the next year or so.