PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO Language Proficiency - Level 6 exams
Old 25th Jan 2016, 15:37
GOVpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICAO Language Proficiency - Level 6 exams

Dear Aviators,

First of all sorry if there is a similar thread around, but I hope it's good for all of us to hear about current situations (and my problem is kinda specific).

We all know about the basic ICAO ELP things: You go on a checkride, default thing is you will get your native language level 6 issued with the licence. (At least it is the normal case.)

Here comes the next part: for non-native English speakers, and living elsewhere in Europe, one must attend a separate language exam. We know that in most countries, examiners are strict about issuing higher levels, at some places it is even impossible to get a result better than Level 4. (In my country I heard about very good English speakers being kicked out with Level 2-3...)

Therefore my question is: Are there any opportunities in the UK/IRE to sit a separate English exam - and I mean places where they are likely to issue 5&6 ? What is the method for this (authority, documentation, etc), if I don't want to fly a checkride there and just spend 1-2 days with this while I'm there?

(I also heard rumours about a friend, who met a nice man in an English pub, and as soon as it turned out that he was an examiner, he issued a Level 6 for him. Should've been a great night out ) - if you, sir, are reading this, don't heasitate to drop me a PM

So, I would be glad to read any solutions - not just going to the UK and sit an exam - but specific places which are good for doing this; or even other solutions which I don't even know.
I know a lot of people who got Level 6s for not even a satisfying English knowledge...how they do it? (Again, PMs are welcome)

Thank you all for helping me out with this one. To make it clear once again: I own an EASA licence, I need a separate Language proficiency result which can be implemented into my licence at my local authority. Can struggle with a Level 4 exam here, definitely achievable, but who the hell want to retest every x years..

Regards