PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2016, 12:32
mart901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AerRyan

You get used to it after a while, its like any new route is thanks to friends on the hill, brown envelopes, people on committees, or just a fad of airlines going to BHD and the general consensus is they'll never cope, they'll be gone when the subsidies run out or when they see the light and move to BFS. I now find it funny! Like as if an airline like KLM would really be so desperate they would chain themselves into a disaster zone airport with no hope for 12 months just for a subsidy - unless that is they are adopting an FR business style? As you rightly said, EI tried at BFS and lost money. They actually now have high frequency sunshine flights and have ramped them up this year considerably - its not really the mark of an airline ready to pull out. Last year they grew sunshine pax more than any other airline and I see no reason why they won't this year. BE view BHD as a strategic and large base, it fits their city - city style, and as of BA? That rumour cracks me up altogether. SN have yet to make their mark but as the route has been so long sought after, has connections available and is part of star alliance I think they have every chance of success, the likelihood is they will carry more pax on 5x weekly than VY did 2-3 weekly carrying around 100 pax on average per flight.

Last edited by mart901; 25th Jan 2016 at 12:36. Reason: grammar