PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill PPR
Thread: Biggin Hill PPR
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2016, 10:29
john ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used the PPR for a short 15 minute flight to North Weald and back in my RV6 a couple of weekends ago . It all worked fine and the reply from Biggin was quick --- but it was a fairly quiet day, so I do not see how it will help me with the usual queue to take off. They gave me my requested early turn left down 11 on the climb out from 21, which helps with the noise near Biggin Hill village. Not sure what you would do without a smart phone or ipad ? It does take the spontaneity out of flying, as it is not always possible to say exactly when you are going to fly back. But, if you want to stay a Biggin, it is another rule to abide by. I have to be based there, as the other options are all boggy grass and the tiny wheels on the RV6 are not suitable. Living in south London there are not many realistic options. Having been based there since 1973, things have changed a lot -- in the 70's if you saw an executive jet at Biggin, it was 'Wow', there is an HS125 in-between the other ten, Rallyes, Cessna's, Piper's, Fournier's all going around together on the two parallel runways of grass and concrete !!! also of course there was the best runway of 25/07 ----- sorry going off on complete tangents on a Monday!!!