PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Logbook App/software
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2016, 20:48
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ChickenHouse
First, of course, IMHO you have to carry your paper logbook anyways to document at a ramp check that you are legal to fly.
Nonsense. Ramp checks are almost unheard of in the UK, and there is no legal requirement to carry your logbook in any regime I've come across.

I know there is some effort towards electronic logbooks, but I seriously doubt time is ready for this at private pilote business.
They've been around for years, and many people use one - albeit that most (not all) of us use them in parallel not instead.

I do keep a paper logbook plus a MS Excel backup datasheet, stored centrally in the MS cloud solution - for once to do the overall calc of several currencies etc and for second to have an additional backup - but don't like web applications for that, just feeling
Cloud is a web application, for all reasonable purposes.

(even was ramp checked away from the aircraft without the paper 'book in hand and the checker was fine with looking at the iPad accessing the MS cloud electronic backup - this is only happening in practical thinking countries ! ...).
No, there are no countries that require crew logbooks on board the aircraft that I can recall ever coming across. Certainly not in the UK, EU, Canada or USA where I hold licences.

G